I’m a huge fan of clearing physical clutter as a path forward to gaining clarity. Disorder, clutter, and undone spaces in your home stall you from creating, sabotage your productivity, and keep you from moving forward.
I am so passionate about clearing physical clutter to gain clarity that I created an eCourse designed to help you clear your physical space.
“Clutter is not just the stuff on your floor—it’s anything that stands between you and the life you want to be living.” — Peter Walsh
Let me tell you something, darling: clutter in any form robs you of energy.
This includes not only physical clutter, but mental and emotional clutter as well. You know what physical clutter is. Emotional clutter is hanging on to things like fear, anger, and resentment. Mental clutter is when you have too many thoughts bouncing around in your mind.
I’d love to help you clear all kinds of clutter in your life. In fact, clients often come to me to help them shed all kinds of clutter from their worlds. Clutter in any form interferes with the ability to thrive.
I’ll be honest: I have an personal and intimate relationship with all kinds of clutter and have changed my life by learning how to reduce and eliminate it.
One of the biggest challenges my clients discuss with me is around clutter. Clients tell me about colliding thoughts and overwhelming to-do lists. Important tasks are forgotten. Long term desires and goals are ignored because there “isn’t enough time” to put them in our schedules.
Today, I wanted to focus on mental clutter – and share the best tool I know to reduce and eliminate mental clutter.
Simply put, the fastest way to clear brain clutter: write stuff down.
Seriously. The fastest way to clear brain clutter is to get it out of your head and onto paper. Need a reason to grab a pen and get stuff out of your head and onto paper?
Here are sixteen reasons why:
- Writing stuff down frees up mental capacity so you can focus.
- Writing things down allows you get unstuck – because you have taken action.
- Writing stuff down allows you to filter past the automatic default thoughts.
- Writing things down allows you to take inventory.
- Writing stuff down allows you to choose where to put your focus.
- Writing things down allows you to delete from your life what is draining your energy.
- Writing stuff down makes it easier to take action.
- Writing things down allows you to take big and vague ideas from your head and whittle them down into manageable action steps.
- Writing stuff down allows you to refine your ideas.
- Writing things down helps you remember the details of important events before time fades the memories.
- Writing stuff down allows you to record moments of self realization.
- Writing things down helps you pinpoint what actions are easier and more effective in your life.
- Writing stuff down – like what you’ve accomplished and what you are grateful for – helps your mind create new paths of positive thoughts.
- Writing things down helps you discover a new way of being that works better.
- Writing stuff down helps to remind yourself of new paths until they become habits.
- Writing things down will allow you to direct your precious energy towards creating the clear path to a life lived in the zone
When energy is consistently flowing out to things that don’t really matter or to things that distract you, you have to play tricks in order to get by. It’s time to stop playing tricks to get by, my dear.
It’s time to release your mental clutter.
Getting clear in your life by dealing with your mental clutter. What about you? What other benefits do you know of to writing things down?
I know it can be a challenge to just begin to write without some direction, so what if I could help you methodically baby step your way from mental clutter to clarity?
From the 30 Days to Clarity Series: Clearing Brain Clutter: Discovering Your Heart’s Desire
Now Available in Paperback
With a collection of 30 intriguing exercises, Clearing Brain Clutter: Discovering Your Heart’s Desire helps you to peel away everything that gets in the way of your truest, deepest desires.
By doing the work right inside the book, you’ll learn to create a life that’s more resonant with “the real you” than anything you’ve previously experienced. In short, you’ll forever change your life for the better.