With the need to stay at home, most of us lean towards choosing our most comfortable clothes. Yet, one of the keys to making this time feel better, truly, is to actually put some real clothes on. Because when you stay in your pajamas all day, there’s no delineation between work time and non-work time. Besides, you’ll feel better when you put just a smidgen of effort into your appearance. So, how do you meld your desire for comfort with a splash of feeling put together? Personally, I find that mixing sporty items with more fashionable pieces is a perfect combo.
The best thing about this is you can create a uniform of sorts for yourself. And you don’t have to be a gym bunny to rock a sporty look. And if there’s one thing I’ve learned through over a decade of coaching women, when you feel put together, you tend to feel happier and more confident.
You can love the casual elegance of hoodies and cute branded sneakers as much as you love a pair of slacks with a feminine blouse. And since you’re going for a sporty yet casual look, just a light application of your favorite make-up can make you feel put together. With that in mind, let’s check out some of the outfit combos that embrace the sporty but stylish look.
- Shorts & Sweats Combo. You need to consider that you can look great when you put shorts and sweatshirts together. You’ll be warm on top and add jersey socks that are long to the knee for a classic sports look. You’ll look beautiful while you go for your daily walk and you’ll feel comfortable at the same time.
- Jeans & a Striped Top. There’s something nautical about a striped top that looks both sporty and pulled together. And, darling your favorite jeans helps you feel confident and comfortable.
- Sweatpants & Accessories. Do you love accessories? Pair some sporty sweat pants with over the top accessories. Like big bangles, chunky statement necklaces, or a classic pearls. And you’ve got your sporty look with a classic amount of flash.
- Casual, Ripped. Speaking of jeans, ripped jeggings are a more day-wear than they are gym wear, but when you pair yours with a long, loose tee and sporty shoes, you’re beaming with casual grace. It’s an overall great look at any age.
- Track Pants with Cute Sneakers. For the ultimate sporty outfit, sneakers (clean ones!) and loose track pants are a good option. You could add a zipped hoody and a black vest underneath for a top to toe outfit that stands out beautifully. And yes, wearing shoes will give you a boost of confidence.
- Get Fleeced (The Good Way). Fleeces are so perfect for cool days. Add a dark fleece jacket over a bright shirt and look sporty yet pulled together for your next Zoom call. Add a favorite bright lip and you’re good to go.
Just because you’re staying at home doesn’t mean you have to feel sloppy. Try some of these sporty looks and I’ll get a little boost of joy and confidence. Because research has shown that what you wear can affect how you feel about yourself.