After my divorce, I started dating again. I was surprised to find love again, but the problem was he was a player. We’d dated on and off for seven years. I had begun working on my life coaching certification. The question each lesson seemed to answer was how to love your life again after a setback or life changing decision.
That’s part of what led me to the break-up: realizing that I’d never love myself or my life if we stayed together. A hard realization to make when you love someone. Yet, deep down I knew that I both needed – and deserved – more from a relationship.
Making the choice to make myself a priority was hard. But let me tell you, darling. It’s better to be alone than to be in a relationship where you will never be his priority.
That’s the thing about life: it’s always changing. If our goal is to love ourselves and our life, then sometimes we have to make tough and painful decisions.
Even if we know that it’s the right decision, it’s still a major change and we have to find our way back. Because those hard decisions are painful. And may make you feel a little lost.
You must learn how to love your life again in a way that honors yourself.
Those first few months were emotionally rocky. And at first, I threw myself into work and travel. If you ask me how to love your life again after a tough life change, I can tell you that trying to be busy all the time isn’t the solution.
Sure, it can help you numb the pain a little. But numbing in any way – whether it’s with food, shopping, exercise, or busyness – will never lead you to loving yourself or your life.
See, the thing is, sometimes the hard, most challenging events are catalysts.
My break-up with him wasn’t the only major life change I had managed. I had to remind myself that each major decision, especially the ones that were hard and painful, always led me back home to myself. Like my divorce. The loss of my mom and later my dad. The decision to leave Texas. Each of those hard decisions, painful at the time, let me to falling more deeply in love with my life time and time again.
At first you may feel as if you’re just trying to survive. But, darling, the truth is you deserve to thrive.
These are the changes that you need to move through if you want to truly learn how to love your life again. Because the tough moments in life give you the reminder that you deserve to love yourself and your life.
Wondering How to Love Your Life Again After a Major Change? Here How.
- Make the decision that you want to love yourself. And desire to create a life you love. Decision is a powerful thing.
- Learning how to love your life again is easier when you create a vision for your life. How can you love your life if you aren’t clear about what you want?
- Taking care of yourself is critical to loving your life again. Ensure you eat well. And ensuring you get enough sleep.
- If you want to know how to love your life again after a challenging life change, examine your past. In fact, make a list of all your past successes. Reminding yourself that you’ve been successful at managing changes in the past.
- If you want to love your life even more, remind yourself what allows you to access emotions like delight and joy.
- What are the little luxuries you can choose to make life feel more loving and nourishing? Especially focus on the luxurious that aren’t expensive, those are the most priceless. Treating yourself kindly will help you love yourself. And your life.
- Examine your habits and routines if you want to learn how to love your life again. This is a key to ensuring your actions are aligned with your desires.
- If you want to know how to love your life again after a tough change, it’s important to set non-negotiable standards for your life.
- A major life change may have you wondering who you are. By defining your roles, you can get clear. Clarity on who you are will help you figure out how to love your life again.
- Your environment impacts how you feel about yourself and your life. By clearing excess you create positive space to find your way back home to yourself.
If there’s one thing I know, it’s that even the hardest changes can help you learn how to love your life again.
It’s important to remember that you don’t have to settle. You deserve to love your life. All of it. And that means that you may have to make tough decisions. Those tough decisions allow you to find your inner strength and find ways to love yourself even more.
Because, darling, the beauty of life is that life is always shifting and changing. That’s a good thing, even when life feels challenging.
No matter how lost you may feel at times, it’s a path to loving your life again. Or maybe for the first time ever.
Creating a vision will help you figure out how to love your life again after a major change.
Interested in creating a vision and plan for YOUR LIFE so you can thrive after a life change?
Now in Paperback: Clearing Soul Clutter: Creating Your Vision
Clearing Soul Clutter will guide you, step by step, into creating a vision for you life. And a plan to make it happen.
Through a series of 30 intuitive lessons, you’ll learn how to envision a nourishing life and make your dreams come true. It’s time to stop letting life happen to you and start doing something about it.
Clearing Soul Clutter: Creating Your Vision is $9.99